Sometimes you just have to laugh and go on

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had to disable my FB account for a while. I've got some ding dong on a political forum doxing me. I guess he found me on FB and was able to find my address and posted it on that forum. My real name, address and phone number. So if I want used mowers I'll have to check the scrap yard.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had to disable my FB account for a while. I've got some ding dong on a political forum doxing me. I guess he found me on FB and was able to find my address and posted it on that forum. My real name, address and phone number. So if I want used mowers I'll have to check the scrap yard.
Whoa, that ain't good.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Listed a 76" Yazoo mower on craigslist. Got some guy running a scam and another one wanting me to bring it to him to see it.
I don't do craigslist anymore.

smhardesty

Threads
I never got the auto-reply (Is this still available) response so far @ Marketplace.

And recently saw old used Harley T-shirts selling for like $40 -$50 & more each.
Oh I quickly listed about 30 of mine from long, long ago & when they still fit me.. Sold every one. Killed it on that.

PS: I also hate face book. But my friend reminded where else ya gonna sell with no fees to pay.

Never tried Craigslist, If I did I'd be sure my gun was loaded when meeting someone.. Old couple got killed IIRC in GA trying to buy their retirement dream car, an old Mustang, from Craigs list meeting.
I had real good luck selling refurbished laptop computers on Facebook. That was about a year or so ago. I don't recall getting a lot of the stupid responses then. I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble now. I guess this area much have some little jerks with nothing better to do. It sure does tick a fellow off though.

I've sold just a few things on Craig's List. I don't recall a whole lot of trouble there. I can think of a couple responses I got on there that were irritating. I think I'm going to list a couple of mowers and maybe one or two of the factory reconditioned trimmers I have, just to see what types of problems, if any, I have. Other than eBay, Facebook Marketplace and Craig's List are the only places where you can get any responses to speak of. I tried some other classified website once. I ran 8 or 10 laptops on that site for around 3 months. I never even got any views, much less inquiries.

smhardesty

Threads
Crap like that really makes using the 'Net a less than satisfying experience, for sure. I'd hate to think how many email addresses I've had to kill over the years because somebody started spoofing me. My main email service finally started offering masked email addresses so I use one of them if I'm on a site I don't normally visit. A masked address is really nice to use when you have to create an account on a site to view info you want. I throw one on, get the info I need, then immediately remove that masked address from my account. Never a chance of getting hit with a ton of SPAM after the place I had to create an account to view sells my address to a whole covey of SPAM sites.

smhardesty

Threads
Listed a 76" Yazoo mower on craigslist. Got some guy running a scam and another one wanting me to bring it to him to see it.
I don't do craigslist anymore.
That's funny. I actually had a gal that lived about 45 minutes from ask me to take one of my laptops to her to try. Her reason for asking was because she didn't own a car and didn't know anybody that could bring her here to see the laptop. I finally just asked her how she got to work or to the grocery store. Never heard another word from her.

smhardesty

Threads
Now, they are just coming out of the woodwork. I seem to attract these guys pretty easily.

Screenshot_2023-03-29_10-12-05.png

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now, they are just coming out of the woodwork. I seem to attract these guys pretty easily.

View attachment 63774

I'd be very warry of those who want something shipped. It's been a while since I read about these thing. But, they can scam you after you send the package.

smhardesty

Threads
I'd be very warry of those who want something shipped. It's been a while since I read about these thing. But, they can scam you after you send the package.
Oh, I'm not about to ship that thing. I never even bothered answering the dip stick.

Lawn Addict
Threads
World is just getting crazier.. Was crazy before, but more & more now..