Snow removal quotes.

jay stortini

Threads
His was is my first year doing snow removal. I have five residential that payed me $500 each for the year.
Going to put a plow on the truck next year.
Q- how do you guys quote parking lots for the season.

Colby@TE

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would recommend taking in account the cost of deicer, gas and what your time is worth (and whether or not you're going to charge by inch or by time). The first season is going to be a educated guessing game, you definitely don't want to bid too high or too low. The best option is to make sure your customers understand all that you and your company have to offer. Do you guarantee their satisfaction? Does your company place markers out to ensure the correct paths are being plowed? Is your company the best option in town? Let your customers know the answers to these questions, because if you do find out that you will need to make more money next season they'll understand that you're the best company for the job when you have to increase your prices.

Best of luck to you!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Keep in mind you will damage your vehicle. No ifs ands or buts. It's a when. Charge for time, cost of overhead, and a little extra you can put away for when you hurt your car.

jay stortini

Threads
So is putting a plow on recommended or should I avoid it?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
You will make money, just saying your going to damage your vehicle. You'll make enough to fix it and lots more just be prepared

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Depends on the truck you have. Some can't have a plow (check your owner's manual). The tranny will take a hit. All the reverse and forward in one day is gonna make it get old fast. But, I know you can make decent money with parking lots. Unfortunetly, I have never quoted them. Maybe try and see how much time it would take. Also take into consideration if you have to remove a huge pile of snow at the end of the parking because there is too much snow that you have pushed over the winter. That can happen sometimes.