Snow blowing and Yellow pages

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was blowing along and then the blower stalled. I check and see that a Yellow page book was stuck in the auger assembly.
These people that distribute the Yellow pages just throw the book on the entrance and leave. They don't think that it just might snow here in Nothern Canada. Anyways I think it took me about 30 minutes in the cold of picking at it with a screw driver, hammer and vise grip.

panabiker

Threads
You are lucky that it didn't break the lynch pin. I had a piece of tree limb caught and broke the pin. Had to wait for a day to buy a replacement pin.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Where is that lynch pin? Are you talking about the ones that hold the augers or something else. That book was stuck in between the impeller and the chute. I tried to blow it out twice (very short time to try and wiggle the thing out), but it wasn't working.

panabiker

Threads
Sorry, I should have said "Shear Pin". This is one of two pins that engage the auger to the axial. In the even of auger overloading, they break first before something else breaks.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ohh ok. Yea I have broke a few shear pins in the past that holds my 4 augers. The blower still worked. It came with spare ones also.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I run over newspapers a lot they just chuck them anywhere they land gets buried in snow most people don't care but I have ran to the grocery store and bought a couple for a particular type of customer

Threads
I run over newspapers a lot they just chuck them anywhere they land gets buried in snow most people don't care but I have ran to the grocery store and bought a couple for a particular type of customer

I run over newspapers all the time. I ran over 3 in one day last year, because they delivered them right as it started to snow, and it was the very early AM. I am never lucky enough for them to get thrown across the lawn. They always get stuck in the hardest to get out places. I make sure to carry tools in my toolbox to get it out. I haven't ever broken a shear pin, though.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mine doesn't hesitate with newspapers adds mulch to their lawn

X-man

Threads
That's a problem we have in my trailer park is newspapers being buried in the driveway, only to have it clog up the snow blower later on.

I haven't broken a shear pin yet either.

possum

Threads
Big rolled up newspapers, phone books, bricks, extension cords, cable TV line, phone lines, that wire fence, tree roots, large driveways rock really tears things up here. Buying a used two stage blower around here as a rule is a junker from hitting things and an attempt to fix them.