snapper riding mower carb help please

gerryd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have model 219907 0131E1 code 050303ZA. Thats a snapper rear engine with a briggs engine

It started running very poorly. My "buddy" tried to help by cleaning the carb. No help, in fact he may have really messed it up. I ordered the carb rebuild kit and did it myself to find that he had lost some of the gasgets and god only knows what else. I want to make sure that there isn't anything missing in the linkage but cannot find a good breakdown of the carb linkage.

It will start and low idle ok, but when I try to give it throttle it stalls out, almost like a timing problem?

I pulled the flywheel and the key looks ok.

Before I drop another 80 bucks for a new carb I would like to make sure my buddy didn't drop a spring or something in the lawn.

Thanks,

Gerry

txzrider

Threads
sounds like a new carb is in your future... I am surprised by the cost tho' I just bought one for my snapper and it was only $38 from the local hw store/snapper dealer in town.

gerryd

Forum Newbie
Threads
sounds like a new carb is in your future... I am surprised by the cost tho' I just bought one for my snapper and it was only $38 from the local hw store/snapper dealer in town.

Nikki carb. The rebuild kit was 42 bucks, I see a new one for 72 pus shipping. I thought it was high also.

gerryd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Heres a parts list Customer Support | Briggs & Stratton

On Page 5, does your carb have part 135A?

The jet is in there and they fall out. Also the o-ring causes problems if not fitted right.

Dont think too much wrong. Not replaced many carbs on model 21.

Yes it does. I replaced them when I did the rebuild, both gasgets. I was really carefull with the o ring, I think it's fine.

I see the linkage drawing a few pages down, thanks.

Im still open to any suggestions.
The carb was very nasty when first opened as my buddy tells me.

Last edited:

gerryd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes it does. I replaced them when I did the rebuild, both gasgets. I was really carefull with the o ring, I think it's fine.

I see the linkage drawing a few pages down, thanks.

Im still open to any suggestions.
The carb was very nasty when first opened as my buddy tells me.

I could not get part 94a to come out to clean that part. Anybody know how to remove it? It turnrd about a 1/2 turn both directions till the black plastic peice hit the carb body. I did not want to force anything.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
The caps usually prise off with a screwdriver.
Carefull not to bend the mix screw or it will break.

Remove the screw and clean carb and screw.
Fit screw all the wsy till it stops.
On the front of the carb where the choke is there is small holes.
Spray carb cleaner through the left hole and it should spray out holes at throttle side.
Then adjust mix screw
The setting should be 1 1/2 turns out. Then fit the cap.

gerryd

Forum Newbie
Threads
The caps usually prise off with a screwdriver.
Carefull not to bend the mix screw or it will break.

Remove the screw and clean carb and screw.
Fit screw all the wsy till it stops.
On the front of the carb where the choke is there is small holes.
Spray carb cleaner through the left hole and it should spray out holes at throttle side.
Then adjust mix screw
The setting should be 1 1/2 turns out. Then fit the cap.

was able to remove the air mix screw. I sprayed carb cleaner in all the holes and it seemed to flow through ok. When I reassembled everything I still seem to have the same issue, maybe not as bad, but still not enough rpm to mow with.

I guess I will order a new carb.