Snapper Rider 9.3 hp Being Just Damn Stubborn..

findingzzero

Forum Newbie
Threads
https://www.facebook.com/julian.kro...0TLnkCVTeF1l6NMr7qlz1JmuDPXLamm_ToHy0RSBr9cA0

Julian Kroin
3 hrs ·
Fri late night a-HA! Moment Edition,
I spent part of the last 2 weeks thinking about and working on my riding mower. 30" Snapper 9.3H 15 series. Grass is knee high. The mayor mentioned my name thursday. After replacing the clutch friction plate and boots (don't ask) I lowered the beast carefully to the ground off its haunches with a rope over a garage joist (saving my back). I thought, having been vertical so long (leaking oil) that it might have redistributed some of its volatile liquids to internal places it should not be and, therefore, wouldn't want to start for awhile. I was correct. I connected it to an external battery with jumper cables and it cranked away with nary a hint of spark meeting explosive mist. To start this rig, it has to be in neutral, key in start, with the not so long ago fuel shutoff (workaround for internal fuel leakage) open and a butt in the seat, or the brake on. I had done all that out of habit, but the Turtle refused to start. Tomorrow, I thought when it's been horizontal O.N. Later that night, in the darkness of the room with only a glint of light coming from the Samsung, I laughed out loud and shouted to Lilu (dog) "A-HA! (eureka! from the Greeka) that I knew what was wrong. I had forgotten to reconnect the spark plug. Not part of the starting habit. No spark no explosion. I have yet to try, and it's supposed to rain today, but I'm sure it should fire right up..and my neighbors (if they care) will breathe a sigh of relief (they don't really care)..I tried nada. It cranks no spark. At first I thought the plug. It's never the plug. Cleaned it anyway. Nada. Then I realized that even in neutral it would roll no more than a couple of feet. So maybe its not really in neutral. I'm cutting an acre with a corded push mower trying to remember not to cut the cord. I'm old and it's about 80 deg. Good exercise, but what do I need to do to need to fix the beast?

Last edited: