Snapper 560z-61

Denning12591

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys,
New to the forum, but I had a few questions about my mower. I've had it for about 3 years, has 172 hours on it now. Briggs and Stratton commercial 25hp.
What blades are yall running to get the best cut quality? I just ordered some Sunbelt XHT high lift blades to try out. I notice sometimes when mowing that I have sprigs of grass, or short lines that the mower will miss. I can usually just slow down and don't have the issue anymore.
Do yall run the recommended tire pressure the manual states? 25psi in the front and 1 in the rear?
I try to grease all my spindles and fittings every 20 hours or so, any other maintenance things yall recommend? I change my oil every 100 hours, along with air filter and fuel filter. Currently running amsoil 5w30 small engine oil and wix oil filter.
Last thing, how tight should the deck belt be when engaged? It seems like when the blades are engaged the belt has a lot of play when its spinning.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First, I would run the tire pressure at 13 psi in the rear and 25 psi in the front. Second, with your cutting problem four things will cause it. 1. Dull blades. 2. Not running engine at full throttle. 3. Unit speed too fast. 4. Try to cut more than 1/3 the grass height or wet grass. High lift blades are best used for bagging.

Denning12591

Forum Newbie
Threads
First, I would run the tire pressure at 13 psi in the rear and 25 psi in the front. Second, with your cutting problem four things will cause it. 1. Dull blades. 2. Not running engine at full throttle. 3. Unit speed too fast. 4. Try to cut more than 1/3 the grass height or wet grass. High lift blades are best used for bagging.
Thank you. I do always mow at full throttle. I figured the blades needed sharpening, but seems like I have to do that pretty often during the year. And sorry I see a type in the above post, manual says 15 psi for tire pressure in rear. I will sharpen these blades and go from there. I probably am cutting more than 1/3 of the grass height at a time also due to biweekly cuts