Snapper 33" Rear Engine Riding Mower: something more maneuverable and cutting under shrubs.

Threads
  • / Snapper 33" Rear Engine Riding Mower: something more maneuverable and cutting under shrubs.
My 1/3 acre lawn is complicated, banks, narrow corridors, mowing over steps, mowing under rhododendron and privet hedges and around trees.

The 33" width is the most that will allow what I'm doing in various places.

I would like to have
  1. Sharper Turning Radius
    A zero turn would obviously satisfy this

2. Cutting further underneath shrubs. (Primary Desire)
    A super large deck would work but 33" is my limit
    A ZT with the deck ahead of the driver would allow swinging underneath shrubs but there aren't models that small and compact
Turning Radius can be dealt with however cutting further underneath shrubs is the real challenge. The 36" Walker is just too big.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Snapper 33" Rear Engine Riding Mower: something more maneuverable and cutting under shrubs.
Look at the out front articulated mowers marketed by Stiga or an older Husqvarna Rider pro / pro rider

Threads
I have no idea why those "front cut" mowers aren't popular here.

Stiga, I thought they were hard to get in the USA?

Their smallest model (300 I think) has an 85cm which is 33.5" which is a good width - hopefully the entire machine is not wider.

If the articulation is power, could "zigzag" in and out cutting long shrub rows.

Husqvarna: I saw those but how in the world do you find one? There is an 11, 15, and 18 but can't find any specs on width of cut. maybe they have a forum since so unique a machine?

Threads
Speak of the Devil, this would be an improvement of my Snapper Rear Engine Rider: 33" Snapper ZT (!) Basically a ZT version of mine.

The front of my rider seat is about 2" aft of blade center (about the same on this ZT)
My feet are essentially in front of the deck (about the same BUT there is no steering column and would be eash to move both legs far to one side while cutting under shrubs with other side.)

I think this may be the most sensible solution: I will be able to do exactly what I'm doing with the rider but now I have ZT and an improved ability to cut under shrubs.

And, it should be not totally impossible to find one of these.
1684707322878.png