Smoothing out the lawn

Rich F

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have some low spots in my yard.Which were retaining water & was difficualt to get at to mow in the spring.So I had a contractor come in and re-grade everything to get the water to run off.They never finished graded when they were done.So now I have wheel & equipment tracks.Consequently the grass grew back thru.So when I mow it is a jarring expierence.Like ridding on a jack hammer from all the unevenness.
So the question is what is the most cost effective way to get a smooth surface without a lot of cash spent & re-digging the entire area (approx 1.5-2 acres) back up?

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I'm afraid that if it is the earth that is uneven, you have no other option but to dig it up and smooth it over.

That or put up with the spine shaking experience of mowing...

Black Bart

Threads
Have some low spots in my yard.Which were retaining water & was difficualt to get at to mow in the spring.So I had a contractor come in and re-grade everything to get the water to run off.They never finished graded when they were done.So now I have wheel & equipment tracks.Consequently the grass grew back thru.So when I mow it is a jarring expierence.Like ridding on a jack hammer from all the unevenness.
So the question is what is the most cost effective way to get a smooth surface without a lot of cash spent & re-digging the entire area (approx 1.5-2 acres) back up?

A tiller is what you need then drag it smooth and reseed

Mower manic

Threads
What kind of grass have you got? With some grasses you can add an inch or 2 and the grass will just grow through. I would try adding a little dirt at a time and see it the grass will tolerate it before digging anything.

webuyanymower.com

Threads
During the winter fill the rough areas up with top soil you may need to top them up in spring and roll level. If needed you might want to reseed the areas although you might find the grass grows up through the top soil. This is going to be the quickest and most cost effective method of ground repair.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
During the winter fill the rough areas up with top soil you may need to top them up in spring and roll level. If needed you might want to reseed the areas although you might find the grass grows up through the top soil. This is going to be the quickest and most cost effective method of ground repair.
I did think of that but there is a chance if may not work. If you want to give it a go though, then I hope it works for you :thumbsup:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Call the people who left the ruts and tell them it needs to be rolled OR they can mow it for you every time it needs it !

No excuse for a landscaping or grading contractor leaving it uneven ! :thumbdown:

jd335

Threads
i had that problem with dozer tracks what worked for me was a roller i made out of a 60 gallon water tank catch the ground goood and wet and fiil the tank so you got good weight worked for me :thumbsup:

Freebird11

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is during the spring many gardeners enthusiasts and lawn care at last start thinking about preparing your garden for next season. Spring is considered one of the most important periods in the calendar as many lawn care lawn may seem a bit irregular and used after the winter months.

In carrying out the correct spring lawn care program and maintenance grass that can give the best possible start for next season ahead. Although no two gardens are the same, most require some if not all of the following treatments and maintenance to recover in the best conditions

Harvest
Mowing is a task often seemed, however, by applying some simple rules for cutting program, you can help improve the health of the lawn. Time of spring, before the program is a good time mainentance to check out your mower ready for the new season.