Small Tractor for Snow - No Grass

AdamE

Threads
Hey all!

I've had a Cub 2165 with the 16hp Vanguard for 25 years. It's mowed my 2 acres and cleared my 225' driveway of snow with the 40" snow blower on it without many problems (I'm in SE Pa.US). The thing has been great.

I retired the tractor of it's grass cutting duties last year after I bought an Exmark Radius (what took me so long).

I'd like to replace the Cub with a tractor for only snow and pulling a trailer of mulch and firewood. My questions are, can you buy a tractor without the mower deck to offset the price of the snow blower? And the big question... what would you recommend for not too much money?

My local guy is pretty much all Exmark and Cub Cadet. I'm not a big fan of Cub anymore. I bought mine just after IH was purchased by MTD and Cub was still using IH parts. I guess that's why she's been so good to me.

Ideas?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are going to be driving yourself crazy trying to accomplish what you want to do. I don’t know of any low or medium priced tractors which are sold without mower decks. Second, blowing snow is harder on the unit than cutting grass. My suggestion is to do your research in finding a GOOD used tractor with a blower already mounted. Stick to the major brands, Simplicity, Ariens, higher end JD, etc. The older the unit, in good condition, will be better quality. Checking with all the dealerships and better repair shops within 75 miles of you, is the best place to start. Make sure you ask to be put on a list if anything gets traded in. Good Luck in your search.