Shovel -vs- Snowblower

AndyMan

Threads
There was about 8" of snow on the driveway, but it was the light and fluffy stuff, so I just used the shovel. If it had been the thick and sloppy I would have used the snowblower for that much.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I always try to justify using my snowblower:tongue:...
BUT your right, at times it is more practical to use a shovel... :smile:KennyV

indypower

Threads
Yes, light fluffy snow does not warrant using the snowblower.

noma

Threads
Hi Andyman

I Use the snow blower all i can even on 2 or3 inches i have a wide driveway and it's not worth the bill to the doctor office or my back.My snowblower does a fine job if there is not as much snow ,then just go in a faster forward gear,i have a 10 hp 30 inch cut snapper that was bought new in 1983 and still going strong.:cool:

Ron H

Threads
A gas leaf blower can do a great job on an inch or so of dry powder. It's not quite as fast as a broom, but does a better job.

kevinrc

Forum Newbie
Threads
25 by 200 foot driveway. If it's worth cleaning it off it's worth snowblowing. 8 inches would not be shovelled if it contained 1% moisture. Like post before, just means you can drive faster to get rid of it. Plus it's fun to watch the snow fly.

MRCo.

Threads
Screw all that, I brought a skid steer home- I'm gonna play tomorrow!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 30" man plow shovel a single stage Honda and a dual stage ariens. Gotta say throughout this year I stopped using the single stage and use the dual for nearly everything the self propel and better throwing range makes it so much easier to use and I use it on anything 1/2" plus. And I do about 30 places including 2 apartment complexes and I get done in about 4 hours

Threads
I have a 30" man plow shovel a single stage Honda and a dual stage ariens. Gotta say throughout this year I stopped using the single stage and use the dual for nearly everything the self propel and better throwing range makes it so much easier to use and I use it on anything 1/2" plus. And I do about 30 places including 2 apartment complexes and I get done in about 4 hours

:thumbsup:

The driveways I do are BIG. They take a long time to do. We are in the middle of a blizzard right now getting up to 14". :thumbsup:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't know what you are clearing snow from but a shovel in my drive way would be like a fart in a wind storm.