Shindaiwa leaf blower shuts off SUDDENLY

mooch91

Threads
Shindaiwa EB2510 4-stroke leaf blower. Starts well and runs for a while and then suddenly shuts off as if a switch was thrown.

Checked the on/off switch, and it checks out fine. Cleaned carb, then rebuilt carb. Readjusted valves.

I'm not thinking it's the carb or fuel, though, thinking instead it could be ignition coil.

But what surprises me, with all the pulling I do to try to restart it, the plug still comes out dry as a bone. If it were the ignition coil, I thought I'd flood the cylinder like crazy trying to restart.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would be leaning toward a faulty ignition coil myself. The reason you are not seeing a wet plug is you are most likely not loosing spark. What you could be getting is the electronic equivalent of a sheared flywheel key. the new modules have spark advance and speed regulation characteristics that can cause some weird run issues. You can have a faulty ignition module and never loose spark.

mooch91

Threads
Coil it was. Replaced it, cleaned and adjusted carb, and it's running great.

Unfortunately parts are expensive for this brand/model. Coil was $75 shipped, and I've been reluctant to buy one because that's more than half the cost of a new inexpensive handheld (Husq for example). Did it anyway and got the satisfaction of a repair complete! Thanks!