Sears Tech/Been waiting!

MrCutNgrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
I guess I could explain this thread, and I am sure there are some more threads on this subject, but yes Sears is very slow at coming out even after a service contract. So I decided to tackle this problem myself, I am a little mechanically inclined, so I figure I can figure it out. Model 9172890081, will not move. I read some of the threads here on this subject, and after looking in the owners manual, I thought it might be only one belt replacement, the drive or motion belt, then I saw a Transaxle belt otherwise called a variation belt which controls the speed. I thought it might be a good idea to replace both the motion and the variation belt, but I don't see any information on how to do it, so I am gonna just replace the drive or motion belt and see what it does. My project as a newbie to this forum. I'll keep it posted how it turns out, i am still waiting for my drive belt I ordered through sears, it should be here soon.

MrCutNgrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
Would be great, but I'll keep chipping away at sears.I did replace the drive belt or motion belt and that was not the problem, I did not think it would fix it. I looked under the Transmission and did not find anything loose, seems like everything is working OK, if the Transaxle belt needs replaced it looks like a booger to do it, But I am not gonna play guessing games since I am no expert at this, but I probably won't buy a sears again or use there service contracts, it takes a long time for them to get to you to do repairs and who knows with there bankruptcy filings.Thanks for info.

Last edited:

MrCutNgrass

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am still waiting on the Sears Tech, I had to reexamine this pic and you'll notice some gears on the front of the transmission running around to the back rear bottom just under the drive pulley wheel. The cable is loose and jammed and broken from the rear on the bottom where it lifts up. Is this called the control cable, it hooks to the motion shifter on the right side facing the engine. I am thinking this may be the problem, only thing is I can't find any drawings showing how it is run around the gears. If this is the control cable I believe there may be a replacement for it. Any ideas helpful.1620148782294.png my mower the cable is not hooked on it. This lifts up and down just under the drive pulley wheel. Any suggestions. I can't find anything referencing this issue or parts.

Last edited: