Sears Part Direct

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
One problem with Sears is that either they not able to add supersedes to their system or they are simply too lazy to do it. They just NLA even when the parts are available. I rarely buy a part from Sears due to their large mark-up of OEM parts that I can get through one of my distributors.

I started this thread to mainly complain about how they did me on a recent attempt part purchase because they indicated they had the part in stock when they didn't.
I use parts direct for parts lookup only. I had a customer a few years ago that insisted that he order the $50 Craftsman hydro cooling fan from sears after telling him I could of sold him the same fan with the same part number for $7.95.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Years ago we had a sears service center in town. I had a customer with an Eager 1 mower with a broken control cable. Sears only sold the entire handle as an assembly which cost more than the mower itself. I had a sears jigsaw that needed a motor bearing. Sears only sold a kit that was double the cost of the saw. I left the saw in their trash can. They did warranty work on mowers there. Had a customer tell me they had his new mower for months. Gave it back NOT fixed. Brought it to me and i found the kill wire pinched under a screw in 5 minutes. Sears Service has always been a dumpster fire as far as i am concerned. I choose not to order from Sears Gouge Direct.

There is an appliance parts dealer who will cross sears/kenmore part numbers to mfgr numbers. Their parts are the same OEM parts as sears but usually half the price.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes OEM parts are the same but just without the Sears markup. Sears as far as I know don't manufacture anything themselves except frustration.

But I had one customer about 10 yrs to sue me because I installed a Husqvarna belt on his Craftsman mower. I should never returned his old worn out belt in the Husqvarna sleeve. After about three months of aggravation he dropped the suit. Apparently his lawyer found out what most of us already know. I wasn't worried but I did have to send the sheriff department out to his house with a cease order after he called and cussed my mother out on the phone. She had made the mistake and pickup my business phone.