Riding Mower rolled onto its side

justinrohrer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Last night, when the engine was hot, I rolled my Honda HT3813 onto its right side. I got it back onto its wheels within 5-7 seconds, but when I tried to start it, it smoked a lot. Even after running it at high throttle for 5-10 minutes, it still puts out blue, hot-oil-smelling smoke. The smoking does'nt come very much, however, until it has run at high throttle for about 20-30 seconds. Is there just a lot of oil in the firing chamber, or do you think I somehow blew a gasket somewhere?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check air filter for being soaked in oil, if so replace, recheck oil level on dipstick. Let us know how it goes, thanks, Mark

justinrohrer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks a lot!
When I removed the hose between the filter and carburetor, it dripped oil. There was also some oil in the bottom to the filter chamber. I cleaned them out and it pretty much stopped smoking. As far as the oil, it was low, and I think it was at the correct level before I flipped it.
I'm curious, though, why oil would have gotten to the air filter.
Thanks again!!

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Probably a crankcase breather that vents into the air intake, would be some serious oil splashing with the mower on it's side and some oil could wind up about anywhere.