Rer shuts off when blade engages

Gsscott85

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently snagged a rer for my dad. It runs great except when I try to engage the blade. The blade spindles both turn, it seems like a sensor is messed up I just can't figure out where it is. I did spray it down and I'm wondering if I damaged a sensor while cleaning it. It has a new to the mower 12hp motor.

I have a 28" rer for my own house and I love it. So I was hoping to get dad a mower he'd love as much as I love mine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, but the quarantine has knocked out all ESP receptions for the techs on this forum and we are not allowed to make house calls. We could probably help you more if we knew the make and model numbers of the unit. Model number is on a tag.

Gsscott85

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry, but the quarantine has knocked out all ESP receptions for the techs on this forum and we are not allowed to make house calls. We could probably help you more if we knew the make and model numbers of the unit. Model number is on a tag.

There are no tags on it that say what model it is. It looks like a comet, but nothing to tell me it is it isn't.

keakar

Threads
I recently snagged a rer for my dad. It runs great except when I try to engage the blade. The blade spindles both turn, it seems like a sensor is messed up I just can't figure out where it is. I did spray it down and I'm wondering if I damaged a sensor while cleaning it. It has a new to the mower 12hp motor.

I have a 28" rer for my own house and I love it. So I was hoping to get dad a mower he'd love as much as I love mine.
the blade safety switch is under the cover on the deck itself. you might also want to check by the shifter as there is a "cant cut in reverse" cable lock mechanism there on some mowers that can cause you issues as well. see if those wires rubbed bare and are grounded out or maybe the switch is bad

on mine i just delete all the safety circuits except seat switch and brake on to activate starter solenoid or allow pull start

Gsscott85

Forum Newbie
Threads
the blade safety switch is under the cover on the deck itself. you might also want to check by the shifter as there is a "cant cut in reverse" cable lock mechanism there on some mowers that can cause you issues as well. see if those wires rubbed bare and are grounded out or maybe the switch is bad

on mine i just delete all the safety circuits except seat switch and brake on to activate starter solenoid or allow pull start
Thank you! I will try that!