Replace Electric Start

Trashfish

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm hoping to get some input to help me get this Cub Cadet SC 500 E I inherited going. It has a a Briggs and Stratton 875is motor and came equipped with electric start. I think this is a 2015 model mower.

I've troubleshot it down to a bad electric motor on the starter. The assembly is serviceable but the electric motor itself was rusted, has bad bearings, and the magnets are busted. The only replacement starter assemblies I've found have been too expensive and I'm not sure what to order for a replacement electric motor; the dimensions match closely to a rs 570 but I can only find 12 rs550 motors with a 12 teeth gear similar to what this has.

Long story short... can anybody suggest a source of economical parts to fix this electric starter or advise me of an appropriate manual starter/recoil assembly that can be bolted on to convert this to a manual start mower?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It would really help us if we had the model number of the engine which if it is the newer OHV push mower engines will be engraved into the side of the engine block. Earlier engines may be above the spark plug on the housing or on the shelf like flap above the muffler. Also the model number of the mower from the tag could also assist us. Number should start with 11 or 12 and have several letters and numbers after that.

Trashfish

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mower model number is 12ATD2A8713

Last edited: