Rebuilt trimmer won't start!

seagiant

Threads
Hi,
I came into 2 Echo string trimmers and decided to do a basic rebuild. The first was a SRM-140 curved pole trimmer. Rebuilt carb with kit. New fuel line w/filter. New spark plug. Trimmer started right up after rebuild tuned it and it is good to go.

Next trimmer is a SRM-200 DA straight pole model. Did the same thing with it on the rebuild and can not get it to even fire! I have good spark at plug,carb is getting gas,muffler is clean. Checked compression and it is at 65 PSI but so is the other one? I've looked at the piston and it looks good? I have run out of things to try? Was wondering if anyone has any ideas? Thanks!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi,
I came into 2 Echo string trimmers and decided to do a basic rebuild. The first was a SRM-140 curved pole trimmer. Rebuilt carb with kit. New fuel line w/filter. New spark plug. Trimmer started right up after rebuild tuned it and it is good to go.

Next trimmer is a SRM-200 DA straight pole model. Did the same thing with it on the rebuild and can not get it to even fire! I have good spark at plug,carb is getting gas,muffler is clean. Checked compression and it is at 65 PSI but so is the other one? I've looked at the piston and it looks good? I have run out of things to try? Was wondering if anyone has any ideas? Thanks!

Drain the tank on the one that won't start, push the primer bulb 10 times, drain the tank again, then try to start like you normally would.

You may have to pull 30 times or so, but try to start it like it should. If it finally starts and runs a bit, then dies, then it was flooded.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Drain the tank on the one that won't start, push the primer bulb 10 times, drain the tank again, then try to start like you normally would.

You may have to pull 30 times or so, but try to start it like it should. If it finally starts and runs a bit, then dies, then it was flooded.

If not, then after all of that, remove the air filter/cover, and squirt some new fuel mix down the carb, and pull a bunch of times, and tell us
what happens.

Don't refill the tank until we figure it out!!!!

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is the spark plug wet after you have pulled it so many times..?

seagiant

Threads
If not, then after all of that, remove the air filter/cover, and squirt some new fuel mix down the carb, and pull a bunch of times, and tell us
what happens.

Don't refill the tank until we figure it out!!!!

Hi Fish,
DARN! I dumped the gas and pulled about 50 TIMES and it started and ran!!! Now,why is it flooding? Oh yea,THANKS!

seagiant

Threads
Hi Fish,
DARN! I dumped the gas and pulled about 50 TIMES and it started and ran!!! Now,why is it flooding? Oh yea,THANKS!

Hi,
Yes the plug is wet! I put more fuel in and it ran for a couple of minutes then (Ithink) flooded it's self again. I think the carb is delivering to much gas? It's just been rebuilt and I took it apart again and everything looks good. Any ideas? Thanks! Oh yes this carb, Walbro WA-59 has no primer bulb!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You need to go through the carb and put in a new kit with a new inlet needle.....

seagiant

Threads
You need to go through the carb and put in a new kit with a new inlet needle.....

Hi Fish,
I just did that (post#6) but will pull it again and concentrate on the needle as I believe it is passing to much fuel also! Thanks for the help. I had no history on this trimmer before the rebuild! Thanks again!

seagiant

Threads
Hi,
Ok! I got it! Here's what the problem was,to sort of help the next guy. When I opened up the carb side that holds the spring loaded needle valve inside I checked everything (for the third time!) and everything looked good as before. Then I noticed the gasket and diaghram, the diaghram was against the body of the carb and the gasket was against the cover. I thought maybe that is to close to the needle valve lever so I switched them and put the gasket next to the carb body. Reinstalled and the trimmer started on the FIRST PULL!! Unreal!

Thanks Fish I learned something today!