Re: Snow plow attachment

metz12

Threads

So today I went to my local power equipment shop and i asked the owner (ive known the guy almost all my life) if he had any clue about the mounting bracket for the snow blade. Since its a mtd plow it wouldnt fit on my craftsman so i asked about MY yard machines. Come to find out that the connector linkage from the plow to the mower are $40 a piece! and the one bracket that attaches to the top of the plow and the arm to lift it is another $25!!!! so long story short, rigging it on there sounds like a pretty good idea to me:thumbsup::laughing:

Threads

Sometimes you need to spend a lot of money to get something done, but if you think it will work just fine with the way you are going to rig it, I would save some money and do it that way!

metz12

Threads

Sometimes you need to spend a lot of money to get something done, but if you think it will work just fine with the way you are going to rig it, I would save some money and do it that way!

Well to tell you the truth, I would rather spend $250 on a whole new plow for my craftsman. Not spend almost $150 on my yard machines that i am going to sell at the beginning of the season you know what i mean? I think I would just keep the mower if I put that bracket on.

Threads

Well to tell you the truth, I would rather spend $250 on a whole new plow for my craftsman. Not spend almost $150 on my yard machines that i am going to sell at the beginning of the season you know what i mean? I think I would just keep the mower if I put that bracket on.

Yeah, good point. You have a hard decision to make!

metz12

Threads

Yeah, good point. You have a hard decision to make!

Im going to see if i can rig it up for just this winter and buy a new plow for next winter. probably with the profits i make working over the spring/summer

Threads

Im going to see if i can rig it up for just this winter and buy a new plow for next winter. probably with the profits i make working over the spring/summer

Yeah, that's probably the best thing to do.