Questions on control cables for Toro Recycler

waylonJ

Threads
I am heping a neighbor get an older 1996 Toro Recycler back to running condition. It's been sitting for a couple of years and most of the cables for the self-propelled gearbox and starting bail lever are not connected. I could really use some help to determine how to properly install or route the starting bail lever cable. The cable was "clamped" into this lever assembly but I REALLY don't think the assembly is intended or strong enough to pinch the cable in place. Also, wondering on the connections for the rear wheel drive system / gearbox cable attachment.
Any pics you may have would really be appreciated. The online parts diagrams are not detailed enough to show how everything connects.

Toro Model number 20444 S/N 6902130

The pic below shows the throttle assembly (NOT MINE) with the cable going to the starting bail lever. My biggest question is how is this cable secured to the throttle assembly? I have tried to tighten the single bolt holding the throttle assembly to the handlebar and it was not even close to strong enough to hold it in place. Thoughts?

Thanks!toro.jpg

waylonJ

Threads
Here is a pic of the mower I have. You can see there is a spot that looks to clamp the cable but, again, it's not strong enough to support it as you pull in the bail handle.IMG_20200506_100045328.jpg