Questions for a 8 year Old Exmark Lazer z cutting quality issue's?

Mr..Jeff

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Questions for a 8 year Old Exmark Lazer z cutting quality issue's?
Good evening everyone ?. This is my first post on the forum. I am a Exmark user at work. So the 60 inch Lazer z is missing grass spots as am cutting, dry , dewy or wet grass. On all speeds low, medium, and high. I have religiously blown off the deck twice a day. Checked the belts and blown off the deck spindles. I have scraped under the deck and checked and sharpen the blades at least once a week or when it needs it. I have greesed the main deck spindle and checked the greese where the blades go up after I take the blade off and put it back in place. I use the red ExMark blades on this machine. I also replaced the deck belt not long ago. I did check to see if one of the blades was not turning as I pulled the deck belt with my hand . No problems there. Is there something am missing? ?. Thanks for reading my post. God bless. Jeff

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
You say you have greased main deck spindle, what about other two spindles?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
With the deck belt off, rotate the spindles looking for a free spin condition. If you feel a drag or noise, no dice.

Mr..Jeff

Forum Newbie
Threads
You say you have greased main deck spindle, what about other two spindles?

On my unit there is a main spindle in the back middle and a in gauge clutch ( PTO ) on the back that has to be greased. The other 3 spindles are checked and greased when I take the blades off to sharpen them. So am cover on that end. Jeff

Last edited:

Mr..Jeff

Forum Newbie
Threads
With the deck belt off, rotate the spindles looking for a free spin condition. If you feel a drag or noise, no dice.

I have done that and they all spin freely. I just sent the mower in to check on the deck and I thought It had a cracked spindle? A college kid hit a sewage drainage lid a few years ago? I thought that might be it? Everything checked out good and is working order I was told by the Exmark dealer repair shop. I will take the blades off again and make sure they are greased well and put them back on. I also blow under each spindle after I get done cutting for the day so there is nothing causing any binding issues and are free to spin. I also blow the deck clean twice a day as well. Again fairly new belt on the deck. Jeff