Proper 'break-in' procedure - Echo backpack blower 2 stroke

Samuelo

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Proper 'break-in' procedure - Echo backpack blower 2 stroke
Just purchased an Echo PB-9010-T backpack blower, have yet to use it.

I returned my previous one under warranty as the performance significantly declined w/in only several weeks.

I use ethanol free fuel, Red Armour two-stroke mix oil at 50:1, seafoam fuel additive

It was suggested that maybe my previous model wasn't broke in correctly, although the warranty service repair shop did not perorm a leak down or compression test.

My understanding of proper break-in procedure from what I was told is to start it and run it full throttle immediately for approximately one hour. I was told this will help the piston rings to seat properly.

However, when reading the Echo quick start up guide, it says when you start the engine...allow it to warm up by idling for 3 minutes.

I am wondering should I start it and allow it to idle/warm up for 3 minutes, then run it full throttle continuously for the first hour?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Proper 'break-in' procedure - Echo backpack blower 2 stroke
First get rid of the sea foam, unless you have excess money to spend. Using the non ethanol fuel and Red Armor is all you need. My recommendation is to start the unit and let it idle for a couple of minutes, then go to work. Do this each time you use it and you should have no problems.