Please help my old friend

Gregory5

Threads
I have a Lawnboy model #10515, Serial #3913965. I bought it new in '93 (I think) It's been a great mower for almost 30 years. Last weekend the self propelled function died. :( I have been lawn mower shopping, but I'm not ready to buy something thats made mostly of plastic, and has little chance of lasting 5 years. The motor on this mower runs fine. Motor runs, belt turns, pulley on transmission spins, mower does not move. In any of the 3 gears. I figured I couldn't break it any worse, so I split the transmission. The pinion gear, bevel gear, and all gears look good. No metal pieces or shavings in the gear box. I can spin the final drive gears, and I can turn the axle, niether has any effect on the other. Maybe if I power washed the grease out of the tranny, I could see more. Can someone tell me what engages the final drive gears to the axle? Does this sound fixable? Thanks Greg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I suspect that the keys may be shot after 30 years. Here is a parts manual for your unit. Not that hard to repair, but before ordering any parts check the under the drive gears by the wheels. They like to wear also. I’ll see if I can find a service manual for this drive system.