Picked up another LB

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
An 80's F 19-in pusher popped up (5253), and I was the first to call on it.. and it was close by even. IDK what I'm gonna do with it yet (either keep or sell to buddy possibly), but this is the most recent running member of my LB collection, and now my oldest model. Not yet cleaned up in these photos. Looking around at parts, I think I'm missing spacers on the wheels so I'll have to get some of those. There's a lot of slop in them. Otherwise, sounds just like my other F. Still like my other one more, but I do kind of dig the prime on the handle. Just has the side discharge plate, anyone have a 19-in mulch plate they wanna sell? I'm pretty sure I don't have a spare.

Attachments

• 5253_01.jpg
    5253_01.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 5253_02.jpg
    5253_02.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 5253_03.jpg
    5253_03.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 8
  • 5253_04.jpg
    5253_04.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 5253_05.jpg
    5253_05.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 12

Got-to-be-old

Threads
An 80's F 19-in pusher popped up (5253), and I was the first to call on it.. and it was close by even. IDK what I'm gonna do with it yet (either keep or sell to buddy possibly), but this is the most recent running member of my LB collection, and now my oldest model. Not yet cleaned up in these photos. Looking around at parts, I think I'm missing spacers on the wheels so I'll have to get some of those. There's a lot of slop in them. Otherwise, sounds just like my other F. Still like my other one more, but I do kind of dig the prime on the handle. Just has the side discharge plate, anyone have a 19-in mulch plate they wanna sell? I'm pretty sure I don't have a spare.

:thumbsup:

viperv10

Threads
If you have a mulch plate for a 21 inch deck you can use it on a 19 inch deck also. I have done that before.
Good find!
Jerry

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Aluminum/mag deck too. That's a good find these days. Nice looking machine. I took the primer bulb off mine, never needed it. Push throttle full on (choke) and it starts on second pull usually.

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
If you have a mulch plate for a 21 inch deck you can use it on a 19 inch deck also. I have done that before.
Good find!
Jerry
Ah, sure. I may have one of those. Not positive though. I know I have a Duraforce in the growing boneyard that the deck had damage to, but IDk if it's set for mulch or side discharge. I'd have to uncover a thing or two and check :tongue:

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
Aluminum/mag deck too. That's a good find these days. Nice looking machine. I took the primer bulb off mine, never needed it. Push throttle full on (choke) and it starts on second pull usually.
Yeah the 19-in decks don't pop up too often around me. I've been keeping an eye out since I bought my 10401. I wish I would have bought the other 19-in pusher the guy was selling (possibly this exact model) when I got mine (in the avatar). The thing was resto-clean. He wanted a decent amount for both though and at the time I thought the 10401 was all I needed/wanted. How naive, lol.

This one the throttle speed lever down above the filter - doesn't seem to move, it's stuck on rabbit at least. 3-4 primes and it started on the 2nd pull though and that's doable.

Mow'N Weeds

Threads
ISO/WTB: Mulch plate for a 19" deck. I installed one from a 21" I dug out of a bin, but for whatever reason it doesn't fully close off the side discharge opening, assuming there's differences in decks. My mulch plate on my 10401 (which says 19" on it) closes it's opening off perfectly. Need one just like that. Anyone have one they'd sell? Also, any green trailing flaps for a 19" they'd sell?
21-in mulch pate.jpg19-in mulch plate.jpg