Old Briggs and Stratton engine

52bluesman52

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Green Craft push mower w/Briggsand Stratton engine. I have looked this motor over six ways to Sunday and can't find engine # part # . This is a old mower cast deck not stamped steel. All I can tell is it's a 4hp eng............help!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On those old Briggs engines you will find the numbers either on the part of the blower housing closest to the spark plug or on one of the flat sides. Takes one of the better half’s green dish scrubies with a little dish soap and carefully clean these areas. I’ll bet you’ll find them.

ts1520

Forum Newbie
Threads
usually --- someone went to the trouble to grind off the numbers on both housing parts on my 7HP B&S motor. :( So it's hard for me to get parts when I need them. This motor is over 15 yrs. old minimum and has always run like a champ. Good luck.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now we’ve got two different posters with two different engines on the same thread??? This is too confusing to try to figure it out to help either of you.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And sometimes the tins have been repainted with thick paint so some sanding might required. Also if the engine has plastic trim it can be covering the numbers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not uncommon for shysters who "fully recondition" roadside finds by replacing the bad spark plug then polishing the base to slip a blower housing off a latter or more powerful motor onto an earlier or base 3.5 Hp engine to get a better price from the unsuspecting public.
Get at least 2 of these every season.

Geochurchi

Threads
I have a Green Craft push mower w/Briggsand Stratton engine. I have looked this motor over six ways to Sunday and can't find engine # part # . This is a old mower cast deck not stamped steel. All I can tell is it's a 4hp eng............help!
Post a pic of the motor
Geo??

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Or a video of it on youtube and link it here.