Okay to drive after I wash the top deck?

GarthL

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there,

I just got my first Husqvarna lawn tractor (the YTH18542) and I wanted to clean the top deck so I sprayed it with the hose, and when I drove it after it was making some sounds (inside the garage it was high pitched, almost like audio feedback from an amp). Curious if this is normal? Also, is it okay to spray the top of the deck? I've been cleaning the underside of the deck regularly with the nozzle and the attachment they provide, but a lot of grass has been building up on the top too.

A parallel question, is there some parts of the lawn tractor that shouldn't get wet?

Thanks! I'm very new to this world so appreciate your help.

Cheers,
Garth

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
The drier you keep your mower, the longer it will last. All I use is a leaf blower on the topside and a wood scraper (a door/window shim) on the underside of the deck.

GarthL

Forum Newbie
Threads
The drier you keep your mower, the longer it will last. All I use is a leaf blower on the topside and a wood scraper (a door/window shim) on the underside of the deck.
Glad I asked! Thanks for the help. Can anything be damaged from a single spray-session do you think?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have a compressor then get a very long air duster and use that everywhere.
I have a couple that are 6' long and they are great
Clean the entire mower including the drive.
Water & mowers do not mix

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do applaud the effort in cleaning the mower.

Scrape the under side of the deck. To winterize, I scrape and apply my used engine oil to the under deck area. Old paint brush and slather away.

slomo