OK... Let's See Your Mower!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hey Everybody,

Please reply to this thread with some info and/or photos of your mowers and other mowing equipment. Let's see those mowers!! :thumbsup:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ventrac 4200 with Mower attached. :thumbsup:

Ventrac Mower.jpg

The Ventrac is Articulated and Oscillating - I not only mow lawn, but also do the back of our pond dam using the dual wheels (8 total on machine) this tractor is low center of gravity and has all the power I need. 31 HP gas Briggs/Dihatsu 3 cyl. all power attachments mount on front and it has hydraulics front and rear.

Last edited:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Nice rig... I assume that's a quick attach setup on the rear? How much lawn to do you take care of with it?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice rig... I assume that's a quick attach setup on the rear? How much lawn to do you take care of with it?
Yes - Quick Attach both front and rear you can see whole line at Ventrac.com --
I would say all together about 3 acres of grass finish and rough (we have 10 acres) I said in another thread that I have the Aerator, Mower, Excavator Bucket, Plow Blade, Blower (leaf etc.), and Snow Blower. I use tham all at different times and they all attach or come off in just a min. or two. Also have the dual wheel set (go on in less than 5 min.). Made in USA ! :thumbsup:

alvanko

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've used this for 10 years now. 2 cylinder diesel. Mitsubishi MT372D. 4X4 with a 48" Woods belly mower. It has a 3-point and standard PTO so it is very versital. OLD but dependable and that Woods puts down an impressive cut!(I'd be interested in selling if anyone is interested)

Attachments

Varooom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's a pic of my John Deere 425, I custom built the loader myself from scratch, no plans, made everything except for the pins and hoses. Lifts about 500 lbs.. Also have a 54" mower deck that I use when the grass gets tall.

Attachments

yetisas

Forum Newbie
Threads
My lawn tractor of 15 years finally died yesterday, It was a husky bought at TSC when I built the house in '95. Had to finish the lawn with my Toro walker that I haven't used in 4 yrs but started on the 1st pull. Trying to decide if I should get another lawn tractor or a zero turn mower?? Any ideas? Have 10 acres only 2 or 3 in grass. Since my Toro fired right up I'm looking at their zero turn 42 or 50" What the experts have to say?

Cvans

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a thought from my experiences, Zero turns don't work well on side hills. They are always wanting to turn down hill. If your yard is basically flat the zero turn would be my choice for just lawn mowing.
Chris

grnspot110

Threads
I've used a Bush Hog M2554 ZTR for the last nine years! Being a John Deere garden tractor collector, I found a 48" JD F525 late last summer. I like it better for mowing the acre or so at home. Last week I bought a JD 790 Compact w/loader & 60" Woods 3-pt finish mower to mow the picnic ground, pond lots, & building lots at the farm. So I've sold the Bush Hog. ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

ccj1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I sure do covet those tractors. I have a Country Clipper residential Z. It does the job in some tight spaces with a 42" deck. I have a few small walk behinds, for trimming and areas the Z can't deal with. I could really use a small front end loader. Pic is from the Country Clipper web site, as I don't have one of my own. The cool features of this mower are the flip up deck, and one handed joy stick operation. The flip up deck is a great feature!

Attachments

RayCo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm liking the creation of this new forum, because while I love my TLB, my heart is still in smaller garden tractors for some reason or another. Here are the tractors that I've had in the past few years.

Gravely 18-H
DSC01153 (Large).JPG

JD LX176
DSC00673.JPG

1973 Wheel Horse 18 Auto (First of the D series)
DSC01001c.jpg

Wheel Horse D-200
IMG_1292.JPG

Ford LT8 picked up last weekend
TraileredHome.jpg

Cub Cadet
Katelyn.jpg

Hitch_Itch

Forum Newbie
Threads
My lawn tractor of 15 years finally died yesterday, It was a husky bought at TSC when I built the house in '95. Had to finish the lawn with my Toro walker that I haven't used in 4 yrs but started on the 1st pull. Trying to decide if I should get another lawn tractor or a zero turn mower?? Any ideas? Have 10 acres only 2 or 3 in grass. Since my Toro fired right up I'm looking at their zero turn 42 or 50" What the experts have to say?
Like others have said, Hills are bad for zero turns, I just bought a 54" husqvarna zero turn, most of my lawn is flat except for my sand mound, the sand mound is a little bit of a challenge, other then that I love it, its so fast and cuts great

dusty-t

Threads

Attachments

Last edited:

rmancini

Threads

John Deere 277LX. This model has AWS (All Wheel Steering) which is extremely handy for going around trees, etc.

The appendage on the back is my Cyclone Rake. Holds a tremendous amount of clippings, leaves, etc.
A 5HP gas engine provides a powerful vacuum while cutting.
One of my better investments.
Rich

deputyrpa

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an International Cub Cadet 982 with a 60" commercial deck, and a 1968 Ford 120 with a 42" aluminum deck to mow about 2 acres of lawn.

Attachments

dusty-t

Threads
hi, Dusty-T, first time seen the FEL balde. how it works? may i have a look at videos of it?
Hi Adrian. Wow you get into a lot of different stuff. Very nice. That blade is a very simple thing. Most of the front blades will angle to the sides. This one will not. But what it does do is tip far enough forward that you can use the top of the blade to back drag very effectively. I will try to get one of my boys to take a vid. :biggrin:Dusty

ruster1

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK, here is my STUFF... Simplicity ZT2050 (recently sold).. Simplicity Prestige 2354 (for sale).. any my Ventrac 4200 VXD with Turbo Diesel... needed it for my slopes.. like a dream.. cant wait to cut now.. used to dread it.. the 72" deck does a great job.. surpirsed as I was spoiled by the Simplicity cut.. I also purchased the 60" blade and got a free slip scoup for mulch and gravel etc..

Attachments