Oil light randomly flashing?

tkos115

Threads
So, I'm working on a Cub Cadet LTX2045 mower with a Kohler twin engine. (PS-SV715-3002). When it's running the red oil light will randomly flash on and off, sometimes for awhile, sometimes not at all. Oil level is good and the mower itself seems to run fine. I thought it might be an oil pressure issue or bad oil pressure switch but this engine doesn't seem to use one. Right above the oil filter there is a plug with an allen slot in it where the oil pressure sensor would be. (I think anyway). When looking up parts for the engine by the engine numbers it doesn't seem to utilize an oil sensor. Is there something else I'm missing or is there a different sensor somewhere? I don't believe it's the oil change reminder since it's random when it comes on and sometimes it will be off for 15-30min then come on shortly then go off. I attached a picture of the dash light I'm talking about and circled it in the picture.

That's the picture I looked at with the engine numbers, and I have physically looked at the engine and there is no sensor that I can find.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your time and help!
ccdash.png

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
exact same dash as on my ltx1040, Mine did that exact same thing one time when it was time for an oil change. how many hours are you at?

tkos115

Threads
I think about 107, I thought it might be the oil change reminder but sometimes it will be off for 30min of use then come back on for a bit then go off again.