Oil Drain

Jay Emess

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm new here... I looked in the forum to see if there were any posts related to my problem and couldn't find anything.
Surprising, since the oil drain on my two year old CC 30H is probably the worst design I've ever seen.

The oil drain was just a plug on the side of the engine.
I installed a Stens 125-508 Oil Drain Plug at the first oil change but that doesn't operate smoothly and some oil gets spilled when I pull it to open the valve. My old Simplicity mower had a neat screw-turn valve that was perfect for the job.

I was thinking of using a CUB CADET 737-05126 Oil Drain Fitting

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096SX99H...olid=1VRZHLJKY6360&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

and an Exmark 135-2660 Oil Valve Drain

Not sure about the thread size on the Exmark.
A little costly but would be worth it.

Anyone else fixed the oil drain?

I also don't like that the oil fill tube is very narrow and when you pour oil into a funnel it will overflow out of the tube.
They certainly don't like you changing your oil.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
thread size is 3/8-18 NPT since that stens 125-508 plug screwed in.
can you get a piece of male threaded pipe and a cap and extend it out?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The Exmark one will not work as it is a M16-1.5 thread and I think Cub Cadet one list is a M14-1.50.

I look in to the Drainzit hose. PN STAN1438

Jay Emess

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Exmark one will not work as it is a M16-1.5 thread and I think Cub Cadet one list is a M14-1.50.

I look in to the Drainzit hose. PN STAN1438
Where did you find the specs on the Exmark?
I could not find any info.

Jay Emess

Forum Newbie
Threads
Might seem odd with that drain hose hanging out on the side.
Right now I'm collecting data and ideas.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I used to cut an old plastic pepsi bottle so I could slide it up and have the oil run into it and aim where the cap goes at the pan. I have also taken a piece of sheet metal and quickly fabricated a guard that keeps oil off things. If one puts a rigid pipe in, it is subject to breaking at the threads from vibration. We quickly learned that in racing. If one uses a hose it has to be secured so it can't get snagged, burned or chaffed thru. It is one of those are you looking for a solution or are you just griping about the problem moments. I get the same thing when swapping filters on the sable wagon. It spills on the starter motor so now I just wrap a piece of saranwrap around it and discard it when I am done. No aluminum foil because of the 12V there.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Where did you find the specs on the Exmark?
I could not find any info.
Hmmm maybe because I lookuped the 135-2660, found which Exmark it was associated with, then which engine was use on the Exmark, then look up the Kawasaski drain valve used on the Kawasaki FS600.

Jay Emess

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hmmm maybe because I lookuped the 135-2660, found which Exmark it was associated with, then which engine was use on the Exmark, then look up the Kawasaski drain valve used on the Kawasaki FS600.
Right, I was going to follow that path but thought I'd ask here first.

Jay Emess

Forum Newbie
Threads
I used to cut an old plastic pepsi bottle so I could slide it up and have the oil run into it and aim where the cap goes at the pan. I have also taken a piece of sheet metal and quickly fabricated a guard that keeps oil off things. If one puts a rigid pipe in, it is subject to breaking at the threads from vibration. We quickly learned that in racing. If one uses a hose it has to be secured so it can't get snagged, burned or chaffed thru. It is one of those are you looking for a solution or are you just griping about the problem moments. I get the same thing when swapping filters on the sable wagon. It spills on the starter motor so now I just wrap a piece of saranwrap around it and discard it when I am done. No aluminum foil because of the 12V there.
I'm looking for a better solution, like I said, the drain valve on my old Simplicity was the best I've seen and I'd like to duplicate that. I should be able to find something like that for the CC.

I once had a Bolens rider mower that had a cable operated spring to engage the blade. When operating, the cable and spring vibrated enough to fray the cable so that it broke after several months of use. I never found a good fix for that but that mower did a nice job of cutting.