Noma A4012-110

Nick621

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1980 something Noma with a 12hp Briggs. I understand Murray made these. End of last season it just stopped half way through cutting. Nothing at the key but turns over when jumped at solenoid. replaced ignition and still nothing. could it be a bad ground someplace? Its a good little tractor with the quad steering.

dougand3

Threads
Apply +12v to solenoid trigger wire terminal. Engine spins? Then, solenoid good.
Then, look at your safety interlock switches. Most mowers have 3 - seat, clutch/brake, PTO. If one is bad, it won't complete starting circuit.
Full mower model # and engine model # will yield better answers.

Nick621

Forum Newbie
Threads
Apply +12v to solenoid trigger wire terminal. Engine spins? Then, solenoid good.
Then, look at your safety interlock switches. Most mowers have 3 - seat, clutch/brake, PTO. If one is bad, it won't complete starting circuit.
Full mower model # and engine model # will yield better answers.
I’ll look into the switches. Thank you.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From the 80's most mowers had a manual gear box
Most manual gearboxes had a neutral switch and when not fitted the neutral switch is on the shift linkages.
So there is a PTO , Neutral & brake switch that will prevent the engine from cranking as will a blown fuse or broken power wire.
However none of these will cause the mower to stop dead .
Seat switches are usually not in the cranking circuit so techs can work on the engine
The switches on the kill wire are the connected together in pairs in parallel
Seat + PTO
Seat + parking brake