No Spark on Honda HRC216HXA

qz5kbk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a used Honda HRC216HXA a few years ago and haven't had a problem with it until ealier this year when it won't start and I noticed it didn't have spark. I replaced the spark plug and it still won't start, (or have spark). The next day it started on the first pull. This happened a few times. Today, it wouldn't start again and I figured I just go ahead and change the ignition module. The problem being, I can't figure out how to remove the top cover to get to the ignition module. Is anyone familar with this model and how to remove the cover. I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

qz5kbk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I figured out how to take the cover off and removed the coil. Tomorrow I hope to purchase a new OEM Coil and hopefully this will solve problem. I'd love to be able to buy one on-line to save some cash, but finding the correct part number is a little confusing.
Model is a HRC216HXA
Serial No. 6243293

All I could find for HRC216HXA was for serial numbers between 6000001-6099999 and that part number was 30500-ZE7-063. I got to assume that the coil would be the same but who knows.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to LMF...

Before replacing the coil ... have you checked that the kill circuit is not intermittently shorting out?

If your coil were bad ...I would expect it to not start sometimes... :smile:KennyV

qz5kbk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to LMF...

Before replacing the coil ... have you checked that the kill circuit is not intermittently shorting out?

If your coil were bad ...I would expect it to not start sometimes... :smile:KennyV

Kenny,
To the best of my knowledge I did check the circuit. Wire seems to be fine and the continutiy of the switch functioned as I expected. If I disconnect the wire from the coil, doesn't that take the switch out of the equation?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kenny,
.... If I disconnect the wire from the coil, doesn't that take the switch out of the equation?

That is correct...
you may be on the right path...:smile:KennyV

qz5kbk

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is correct...
you may be on the right path...:smile:KennyV

Justs a heads up. I replaced the coil and the mower started on the first pull. So all is well. Thanks for your help