new push rods come without holes

now151

Threads
im replacing the pushrods on a cv16s 43526. the rods that i removed have holes all the way through like straws. the new ones i just purchased came without the holes. part # 12 411 04s. is this possible that this is a revised pushrods or should they have the holes like a straw, like the original ones.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
New pushrods should have oil supply holes just like old rods.

Last edited:

now151

Threads
the new pushrods i just received didn't have the holes for that part number{12-411-04s}. I'm wondering if they are revised to not have the holes, there is no oil flow through them anyway i dont think. my kohler is the single cylinder. thanks for the reply

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

New pushrods should have oil supply holes just like old rods.

Sorry but it is a design change initiated beginning in July of 2002 by Kohler. And PN 12 411 04-S is the correct part.

PER service bulletin 264
Beginning in July of 2002, we have been gradually switching to solid ball push rods on these engines. The
solid ball provides two advantages. By blocking the bleed hole in the top of the lifter, it retards lifter bleed down
during storage, and it helps keep air from entering the lifter. The lifter stays pumped up with oil, so there is little
or no noise at start-up.

now151

Threads
one of the lifters was frozen and the engine tapping had gotten louder. i took the lifter apart and its working but i dont know whether to reinstall it or not

Plumberb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry but it is a design change initiated beginning in July of 2002 by Kohler. And PN 12 411 04-S is the correct part.
how do you lubricate the rocker arm with out the holes

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
how do you lubricate the rocker arm with out the holes
Rocker arms are lubed by the oil vapor created by all the moving parts in the crankcase which passes through the oil drain back holes in the head.