New mower checklist?

jposavatz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi folks,

I just purchased a new Simplicity Courier (48" B&S) from my local dealer, who will be delivering it in a few days.

I was wondering if anybody already has, or can help me with, a "delivery acceptance" checklist - i.e. a list of things that I should check before I use the mower for the first time. Both safety related (e.g. all bolts are secure) and performance related (e.g. mower deck is level). These are the first two things that come to mind, but I'm sure there are many other things I should check before mowing for the first time!

Thanks in advance for any advice you might offer, or pre-existing lists you might be willing to point me towards!

-John

Bertrrr

Threads
This should be checked before they deliver it, they'll run it and check everything for you , just to be on the safe side I'd double check all fluid levels and belt tightness

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Make sure the beer holder works.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
before you touch the key, check that there is oil in the engine
Check the tyre pressure, usually when transported the tyres get over inflated to give better ground clearance for the deck
Buy a can of white lithium spray grease and apply it liberally to every where that 2 pieces of metal move against each other
Listen to how the engine cranks
IT should be smooth , if it is lumpy then either the battery is bad, the battery connections are bad or the dealer has failed to check the valve lash

jposavatz

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks everyone!

I'll be sure to check fluids (first), belts, tires, and of course crank the engine / give it a quick spin around the yard.

And fortunately I do actually have some white lithium grease spray, so will apply liberally. :)