TerraKacher

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, just joined up. Great looking site. I used to be a small engine mechanic for a very busy shop in the NW. But now I live in Indiana going on my second year, and I'm retired and looking for something to do. I have two generators, walk behind mower, chipper/shredder, weed wacker, and a chain saw. I just started repairing an old Troy bilt blower. I have several big trees near me that blew a ton of leaves last year into my yard. Sure wish I had that blower last year. I know this may sound weird, but I want the leaves! You heard that right. I also grow worms. And they eat like crazy. Mostly composting worms, but I have some just for fishing. I love gardening, and I have two big compost bins going. I will find a rototiller next year to add to my collection. I have several people in my neighborhood who talk about getting a new lawn mower, because the one they have won't run. I told them, to let me see it first... and so it begins...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
welcome
Always good to have more experienced minds on the forum
Even better when that minds belongs to a person who understands about real environmental protection .
Rather than blow your leaves have you considered vacuuming them up ?
If you hook your blower up to an IBC modified to have a lid then you have a vac which saves the back for the same amount of fuel useage
I repaired a poo picker a while back and could not believe just how simple it was .
Even worse it was $ 6,000 ( Aus ) new price for the bottom end unit .
I made one using an old Walker clippings bin & a back pack blower with a smashed discharge tube I got for free .
Sold it for $ 2000 to the first person who saw it
FWIW I have 10 compost bins 2 worm bin stacks and will soon be making bio char