New Husqvarna MZ 61" deck

dfbroxy

Threads
Just purchased a new MZ today. My first Husqvarna mower. I have not seen many reviews on these so Im gonna do one on my own. I have not used it yet so the only review I can give is on the looks and the components/build of it.
It looks good and seems to be well made. It is considered to be high end residential. This mower is heavy duty enough for commercial but I would buy the next step up for that because of the warranty difference. This one has 3yr/750hr.
Commercial one has same warrenty but the first 2yrs have unlemmited hrs. Updates to follow if there is any interest. One thing of note is that all services and repairs has to be done by certified dealer or authorized repair man or it voids warranty .

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Will you be maintaining your new Husqvarna MZ 61" deck? Suggestion: read Operators Manual cover to cover to familiarize yourself with your new ZTR.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've got one but mine's the MZ 52. The only thing I've wished for so far is a better air cleaner.

dfbroxy

Threads
In answer to mechanic mark, Yes I will be doing the routine services...but I will purchase all fluids and filters..etc. from the dealer I purchased the mower from. This will give me a receipt with a parts list and time stamp to prove that services were done in case of warranty dispute. I dont think it will be a problem because I talked with head technician at dealer and he said I could do it that way. Im just cautious because of the lawyer speak in the warranty.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
In answer to mechanic mark, Yes I will be doing the routine services...but I will purchase all fluids and filters..etc. from the dealer I purchased the mower from. This will give me a receipt with a parts list and time stamp to prove that services were done in case of warranty dispute. I dont think it will be a problem because I talked with head technician at dealer and he said I could do it that way. Im just cautious because of the lawyer speak in the warranty.
Determining warranty -- without the technician's words being written in that same legal language the manufacturer uses you won't have a leg to stand on when push comes to shove determining waranty .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Determining warranty -- without the technician's words being written in that same legal language the manufacturer uses you won't have a leg to stand on when push comes to shove determining waranty .
When it comes to warranties most are not worth the paper they are printed on.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No it will not be considered as proof of servicing BY A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN commensurate with the service requirements of the machine .
Will it prove you have adjusted the brakes , lubed the controls & greased all that require it ?
Having said that, it is not difficult for a technician to determine if a tool has been maintained and if a failure was due to neglegence or a design , assembly or materials fault .
The big warranty problem I have is owners use the wrong mower for the job , then it fails and they think it is the companies fault.
Timecutters fitted with baggers & FS/FR Engines are a prime example.
The standard residential filter is not good enough for use with baggers
Titans don't have the same problem because they come with a commercial engine with better filters
Even then the residential filters on the Time Cutters will do the job , but they are a little tricky to fit properly and when you have to change them 5 times a season then most home owners end up fitting them improperly and suffer excessive engine wear well before the 3 year warranty expires , but it is not a warranty claim item.
Neither are stators that fry because the owners run the mower with flat batteries.
I could go on all day with the arguements I have with customers who do not understand what the warranty actually is