new CC owner

whtlion

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone just wanted to say hello - brand new here from SE PA . recently purchased a bran new Cub Cadet XT2 LX42. had it delivered last Friday

logert gogert

Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!
tell us how you like your mower?
And if you have any issues with that mower, or any other lawn equipment fell free to ask for mechanical advice, we will be happy to help!

whtlion

Forum Newbie
Threads
thank you for the welcome! well I only was able to cut the grass once, i did have a 10 year old troy bilt pony from HD that had seen its better days and sold it cheap to someone who needed the tranny to replace his, so the hydro took some getting used too but i do like it, I am looking to add a bagger so i can add to our compost bins.
hopefully it will be a while before I need any mechanical advice :)

logert gogert

Threads
thank you for the welcome! well I only was able to cut the grass once, i did have a 10 year old troy bilt pony from HD that had seen its better days and sold it cheap to someone who needed the tranny to replace his, so the hydro took some getting used too but i do like it, I am looking to add a bagger so i can add to our compost bins.
hopefully it will be a while before I need any mechanical advice :)
ah yes, those hydros are much easier to operate, and they will last along time as long as you keep good care of it and keep that tranny fluid topped off.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Logert, how do you check the tranny fluid on these units?

logert gogert

Threads
Logert, how do you check the tranny fluid on these units?
uh, i dont really know on that specific model but i know on mine, i have a fill cap and you can look in it and see if its low.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Logert, You are ASSUMING all units are the same. That is a hydro which has no indicator for oil level. To drain it you must remove it and tip it over. Then you fill with a specific amount of fluid. Please don’t lead posters down a path of confusion.

logert gogert

Threads
Logert, You are ASSUMING all units are the same. That is a hydro which has no indicator for oil level. To drain it you must remove it and tip it over. Then you fill with a specific amount of fluid. Please don’t lead posters down a path of confusion.
Oh, dang it, there I go again, sorry for assuming, that is another thing I must stop doing.

And @whtlion, hopefully T didn't cause any confusion with my statement

whtlion

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh, dang it, there I go again, sorry for assuming, that is another thing I must stop doing.

And @whtlion, hopefully T didn't cause any confusion with my statement
no worries I thought they were sealed anyway - Logert is not leading me anywhere i can find confusion all by myself :)

logert gogert

Threads
oh um, when i put the capital T in my sentance, i actually meant to put an i, just saying.

but i guess i will be leaving this thread, hopw fully you like your new mower!
it will hopefully last a long time if you give it some TCL, keep it clean, garage kept ( if possible ), try to change the oil every season,
or whenever it gets to where you cant see through it or it gets to the low mark.

And I dont know if this is a myth or not, but i strongly believe in:
letting your engine warm up after you start it, i always let mine warm up for about 1-3 minutes before i raise the rpms.