Need replacment deck 50" Scotts 50567x8

Ben M

Threads
Greetings from a new member,

I'm new to this site and my apologizes if this is the wrong forum to post in.
I need a deck for a Scotts 50" mower, model# 50567x8. It has a 20hp Kohler, I bought it from Home Depot in 1996, It is made by Murray for Scotts, it was before John Deer started making Scotts. I'm told this deck is no longer available. My owners manual part # is 341837-821 which has been changed to 7601064 or 7601067 which is no longer available. Any help in finding a good used deck would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the Atlanta Georgia area.

Thanks,
Benny

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Benny & WELCOME to LMF...
You will likely find that locating just the deck is not going to be easy, watch eBay, you might get lucky and find one close enough to make it practical.
It is far more likely to find a complete mower with a deck, If you watch CraigsList and your local garage sales this spring.
Murray makes a lot of models that will use the same deck, so you can broaden your local search, keep pictures & measurements with you as you look at various models... I'm sure you will come across something that will easily attach. If you have to get a complete mower, even one that is not running, You could end up with a lot of 'spare' parts for future projects. :smile:KennyV

GADoughboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check under Craigslist for Macon someone had 3 mowers was

GADoughboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check under Macon and look for title 3 mowers 1 was a Scott's with 50in deck in Hillsboro ga

Ben M

Threads
Check under Macon and look for title 3 mowers 1 was a Scott's with 50in deck in Hillsboro ga

I checked with him and he already had a buyer. In talking with him he had once removed the deck and couldn't figure how to rehang it and just tied/suspended it, had knocked off gauge wheels and brackets and tried to replace mandrels and problems with them as well. Sounded like it was beyond repair.

Thanks, KennyV and GADoughboy.

I'm still looking for replacment.:frown:

RBO

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings from a new member,

I'm new to this site and my apologizes if this is the wrong forum to post in.
I need a deck for a Scotts 50" mower, model# 50567x8. It has a 20hp Kohler, I bought it from Home Depot in 1996, It is made by Murray for Scotts, it was before John Deer started making Scotts. I'm told this deck is no longer available. My owners manual part # is 341837-821 which has been changed to 7601064 or 7601067 which is no longer available. Any help in finding a good used deck would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the Atlanta Georgia area.

Thanks,
Benny

I'm new here Been trying to find a manual for this mower Scotts 50" mower, model# 50567x8. Can't find one anywhere.
Any help would be great!
Thanks
Bruce

Ben M

Threads
I'm new here Been trying to find a manual for this mower Scotts 50" mower, model# 50567x8. Can't find one anywhere.
Any help would be great!
Thanks
Bruce

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
While Murray made the mower for Scotts, it will still be a Murray with a Murray deck so any OLD Murray deck should fit
As for manuals, track down "Murray Owners World forum" they have just about every available Murray manual there as a download.
In most cases the difference was nothing more than paint & stickers
Cheaper models get pressed from thinner steel & occasionally their are subtle variations in deck layout but the methof od engagement & mounting will be the same regardless of name on the side of the mower .
S a cheap deck might have a single drag link at the front in place of the fabricated plate and a more expensive one might have bushes where shafts go through but it is still a Murray and 99.99999% of the time standard Murray parts fit .