Need mechanic help please

rmeredith88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello guys I'm new to this form I have a stupid question that I can't figure out. I have two hustlers and now this is my first bad boy. It's a 2022 ZT elite. For some reason I can't figure out how to speed it up it's not like my hustlers at all.

Do I have to adjust it at the bottom of the hydros or can I adjust the steering sticks to make it faster any advice would be appreciated.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello guys I'm new to this form I have a stupid question that I can't figure out. I have two hustlers and now this is my first bad boy. It's a 2022 ZT elite. For some reason I can't figure out how to speed it up it's not like my hustlers at all.

Do I have to adjust it at the bottom of the hydros or can I adjust the steering sticks to make it faster any advice would be appreciated.
Have you consulted your operators manual? It should be in there.
Also, what hydrostatic transmissions are on the mower?

rmeredith88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you consulted your operators manual? It should be in there.
Also, what hydrostatic transmissions are on the mower?
On the road owners manual at home that's why I'm looking on this Bad boy thread for experience help. Thanks

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those rods also adjust neutral. If you have neutral and go to adjusting those rod it will throw your neutral off. You have to set neutral and then adjust the tracking. There are adjusting bolts to limit the travel of the lap bars so you can set the tracking. Back the bolts off so you have all the travel you can get then adjust the bolts to were they just touch the lap bars. Then get on a flat level surface push both bar forward as far as they will go. If one side is faster than the other set the tracking by slowing down the fast side to match the slow side.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
We also need to comparing apples to apples here. The Hustler Super Z can travel up to 14 mph where the Bad Boy ZT elite can only go up to 7 mph. So which Hustler mower are you referring to?

Some ZTRs I work on are like snails when compared to the Super Z.

rmeredith88

Forum Newbie
Threads
We also need to comparing apples to apples here. The Hustler Super Z can travel up to 14 mph where the Bad Boy ZT elite can only go up to 7 mph. So which Hustler mower are you referring to?

Well my hustler is an el cheapo hustler raptor SD and it goes 10.5. this elite goes only 5.5