Need help. Kohler efi

Kevin102

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can anyone help. I’m trying to install a kohler ecv860 efi into an older bobcat zero turn. It turns over , has spark and runs with gas down plug holes. Injectors will not squirt. There is power to the injectors but no ground. Which comes from ecu. This is a new in box engine

Born2Mow

Threads
Where is the battery Negative cable attached ? To the body of the mower or to the engine case ?

Kevin102

Forum Newbie
Threads
Negative battery cable going to the engine case

geelee

Threads
on the efi if a safety circut is active you get no spark and injectors wont open

Kevin102

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes I understand that. I don’t have the safety wire hooked up. I was told that the only two wires needed for these to run are the dark blue which is the starter and the red/white which is the constant 12 volt

geelee

Threads
you need power to solenoid to crank. constant power to ecu and switched power to ecu. not at work so I cant check the wire colors

Kevin102

Forum Newbie
Threads
you need power to solenoid to crank. constant power to ecu and switched power to ecu. not at work so I cant check the wire colors
Thanks for reply so on the kohler wiring diagram I have number 4 hooked up which is the red/white it is constant 12 volt key on and crank and I have number 6 hooked up which is dark blue going to starter solinoid

geelee

Threads
red white is switched power, constant comes off at starter post so it should work. did you check injector with a noid light. Is the fuel pump coming on? is there fuel in it? is a mill light hooked up to blink out codes?

Kevin102

Forum Newbie
Threads
red white is switched power, constant comes off at starter post so it should work. did you check injector with a noid light. Is the fuel pump coming on? is there fuel in it? is a mill light hooked up to blink out codes?
I checked injector harness with test lite. I have power on both injectors with key on and crank. When I check for ground I get nothing. Fuel pump comes on and theres fuel to the injectors. I do not have a mil light hooked up as old bobcat didn’t have one
thanks again