Walk behind My new (very old!) Exmark Commercial Walk Behind - some help please!

Todds911

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / My new (very old!) Exmark Commercial Walk Behind - some help please!
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I just purchased the attached Exmark Commercial 36" Walk Behind (hopefully the pictures are showing). I purchased this unit in order to mow my residiential slope (I mow it sideways, not up and down). I previously was using a 21" mower and it was taking way too long!

The mower is so old that I cannot find a model number anywhere on it or a year/build date. I am guessing it is from the 80's, maybe early 90's? Can anyone provide me information on this mower?
The white decals are all old and there is no ink remaining on them anymore.

The belt on the bottom of the unit already ripped - the belt that drives off of the motor and the variable speed pulley pushes against in order to adjust the speed (not the blade belts and not the belts around the rear wheels). I replaced it with a 35" new belt, but it seem too loose. Does anyone happen to know the belt size for this particular belt?Separately, I want to install a kill switch. It seems that if this things gets away from me, that it will simply keep running and moving with the blades still spinning. With the lack of safety controls - maybe it is from the 70's!!!???? The last picture shows the only wire coming from the new Kawasaki engine. I pulled the wire apart (disconnected it) while the engine was running, but the engine did not die (it kept idling). Any thoughts on how to install the kill switch? The mower already has a Toggle switch on it, but with the installation of the newer motor, the toggle switch was bypassed.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!!

Todd

Attachments

• Exmark Mower.jpg
    Exmark Mower.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Exmark handle bars.jpg
    Exmark handle bars.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Exmark Wire.jpg
    Exmark Wire.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 24

Todds911

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bump

Anyone?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hmm, your thumbnails seem to link up to another thumbnail....:laughing:

So it's REEEEEEALLY hard to tell. Maybe don't photochop them ALL to the size of your avy. :wink:

BTW, there is an Exmark forum here. Where Briana will no doubt move this thread. :biggrin:

Todds911

Forum Newbie
Threads
I simply attached the pictures. They may be low resolution, which is why they may have come up small.

I tried to take a picture of the handle bars, as this is where I thought people might recognize the model (it has the little thumb levers that lock the levers in neutral).

Now my metal gas tank is leaking on the bottom. So I guess I will need to figure out if I can seal the leaks. I wish there was a simple plastic tank replacement. Anyone??

I looked at the Exmark forum first, but there was so little traffic I thought I would have better luck here.

Thanks!
Todd

benski

Threads
It may take quite a bit of, uh, "field engineering" to bring that mower up to snuff. There are some commercially available gas tank liquid linings that my help your tank.:smile: