My mower won’t move

Kristie R

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Toro Zero Turn mower. My husband manually took it out of gear to roll it up on a trailer to haul it, after he had just mowed with it. When he got it home, he unloaded it and put it back in gear and now it won’t move. It won’t go forward or backwards. The blades will engage and it starts and runs just fine. Have we “missed” something when manually putting it back in gear. It was running and mowing perfectly until that point.

Rocky J

Threads
He took it out of gear so it would roll, so we can get a idea where to start , if it is actually going back into gear it should not roll when pushed not running , please try to push it and let us know if it will roll freely not running.. I am sure it is something simple,

Kristie R

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, he took it out of gear so that it would roll. He continues to tell me that it is gear put it won’t move. I will have to sit on it with it running and see if he can push me to see if it rolls. If it does still roll and it appears to be in gear, what is the next option???? A well if he puts it in gear and it still doesn’t move, what’s the option???

Rocky J

Threads
You say it is a Toro zero turn , can you find a Model number so we can look at the parts diagram to see the method of engaging and disengaging the drive units, is there two rods that have to be pulled ? There is some differences from makes and models, some have parking brakes that take the tension of the drive belt when set.

Kristie R

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes it has 2 rods, it’s a Timecutter Z4100

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the brakes
Could be a brake module failure.
Toro have all of their parts books and repair manuals on their web page as a free downlaod.
Please post the model & serial numbers off the tag so we can check we have the right information.
Once we are all singing from the same song book it makes getting you back on the grass a lot quicker & easier.