Fuel my honda hr21

ademercedes

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all. I've just bought/rescued an old honda hr21 from elderly lady. Stored in damp garage for 5 years gathering dust. Put fuel in, checked oil, and started after 7 pulls. I'm a bit unsure about what fuel i should use due to the age of the machine. Do i put lead additive to my unleaded fuel? Also will regular car oil be ok for the oil top up. Any advise and tips would be much appreciated.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do i put lead additive to my unleaded fuel? Also will regular car oil be ok for the oil top up. Any advise and tips would be much appreciated.

Regular unleaded fuel should work just fine. Not sure what is available in your area, however. No reason to put in leaded or premium fuels, they are not necessary. Most important is to not let the fuel go stale. Drain the fuel tank and carburetor when done mowing for the season. Dump old fuel into your car's tank.

10W-30 petroleum-based oil is recommended for this mower. It's a good choice for most temperatures during mower season. Synthetic oil is not necessary, as it's more critical the oil be changed regularly than it is to have "better" synthetic oil.

-Robert@Honda

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.