mulching blades

jimbo64

Threads
any real advantage to using these blades-dealer says cuts finer and won't build up so much under deck. Is this true or is he just trying to sell me more expensive blades----jd245:confused2:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mulching blades do work great... as to more expensive. They are not, IF you know your blade dimensions, you can go on-line and find quality hardened replacement blades for LESS than OEM.
I switched my 72" ZTR to gator mulching blades, they are fantastic. KennyV

RockHound

Threads
I have found it to be true that they don't build up as much grass under the deck. I don't know about the blades being more expensive though. I agree to going online to find some that are comparable in price to the others.

VRman

Threads
I've been getting mine from baileys-online.com. (don't work there or endorse them, just the cheapest place I've found online)

I've got gators on all my mowers. They work great.

GIG

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been getting mine from baileys-online.com. (don't work there or endorse them, just the cheapest place I've found online)

I've got gators on all my mowers. They work great.

Ditto on the OEM spec oregon blades from bailey's. Bought a couple sets so I could have a sharpened set always ready to swap out. Next time I place an order I'm going to try the tungsten tipped fusion blades.