Mower PTO switch

robert1950us

Threads
my Troy-Bilt model 13AQA1BQ011 the pto switch works intimately so I have decided to change it but I cannot find the removal process anywhere on line. Any one has any suggestions?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They have barbs on the back and push in
To get them out you compress the barbs a sentence that is easy to say & hard to do
Using a thin screwdriver compress one side and push it up just enough to keep the barbs compresses then do the other side then the ends
Lots of wiggleing skinned knuckles cursing latter it will pop out
If you dash is plastic take care not to gouge the edges or the new one will be very sloppy.
My suggestion is to leave it in there for now
Plug in your new switch and run the mower to verify that the switch is actually the problem ( rarely is )
Cause you don't want to go through the agro of replacing it if it is not the problem .
I have seen a friend pop them with a pair of thin scrapers clamped between his fingers but he has a grip that make gorillas weep .

robert1950us

Threads
I checked as you suggested and with the new switch the mower is still having the same issue, could it be the main drive belt slipping due to wear. just for your info my Mower Model # 13AQA1BQ011 Super Bronco 50XP. Thank you for your time and assistance.

robert1950us

Threads
I checked as you suggested and with the new switch the mower is still having the same issue, could it be the main drive belt slipping due to wear. just for your info my Mower Model # 13AQA1BQ011 Super Bronco 50XP. Thank you for your time and assistance.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Robert put the deck at its lowest setting and then grab the deck belt on the left side of the mower and push it toward the engine pulley. Does it slip or turn the pulley. Slip means belt issue or tensioner not working properly.if it turns the clutch pulley then the issue is most likely something else.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited: