Mower blades not turning

pops52

Threads
I'm almost at my wits end..I have a used 2010 LA140. I have replaced the PTO clutch, all 4 rims/tires, PTO switch, and neutral switch.
Got it running smooth, started cutting my lawn, had to disengage the PTO to back up..started forward again and pulled the PTO to start cutting...nothing tried turning the PTO on and off a couple times..I can hear the clutch engaging but no mower..any ideas?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could be several things. Dead idlers, bearings, pulleys, PTO took a dump or an electrical issue feeding the PTO.

Can you rotate the blades with your hand, engine OFF? Any strange noises? Is there a mountain of grass and sticks on top of the deck or under a belt cover? Log chains, small cars, water pipes?

Make a video of the mower, deck and blades. Post the link here so we can see.

pops52

Threads
Could be several things. Dead idlers, bearings, pulleys, PTO took a dump or an electrical issue feeding the PTO.

Can you rotate the blades with your hand, engine OFF? Any strange noises? Is there a mountain of grass and sticks on top of the deck or under a belt cover? Log chains, small cars, water pipes?

Make a video of the mower, deck and blades. Post the link here so we can see.
Thanks for your response, can't do the video stuff, can barley figure out this stuff...going to drop the cutting deck to day, I can hear the electric pro trying to engage so I don't think that's the problem..I'm really thinking its either the idler pulley or a spindle..no grass build up ..I had ear phones on so I'm not sure about strange noises...if I figure it out I will post it..maybe it will help someone else..if I don't figure it out..it might become a yard decoration

pops52

Threads
Or even the belt fallen off a pulley .
Belts looked ok..took the deck off, everything seems to move freely, although 1 spindle makes a little noise, except the drive pulley tensioner won't move no matter how hard I push, pull or cuss..wonder if that might be my problem

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
The pulley seems to turn but I'm not sure the tension arm is moving to apply tension to the belt..thanks for responding

Did you trying moving the tensioner with the park break on?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That why you remove the spring as you don't have to fight it. If binding without the spring then you definitely have a problem.

pops52

Threads
Did you trying moving the tensioner with the park break on?
No but I was able to move the drive pulley and the tensioner moved pretty easily..so I'm stuck on what it might be, the pro clutch is only a year old and hasn't been used much, the pro switch is new so I'm stumped
You