Most Popular foods?

Honey

Threads
What are some most popular foods for a New Year's Party? I know there is usually champagne or something to toast with, but what else do you commonly see at at New Year's Party?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
What are some most popular foods for a New Year's Party? I know there is usually champagne or something to toast with, but what else do you commonly see at at New Year's Party?

Finger foods, like chips, cold cut sandwiches, a relish tray, meatballs in sauce, pizza squares....do a Google search and you will find dozens of ideas.

I prepared beef and bean ragout cooked in a crock pot for dinner last night, it was so good I Googled the term "ragout" and came up with hundreds of sources of information on how else to prepare it. How come nobody shares a recipe on this site? The ragout I made was basically a stew but you could use it for a tortilla chip dip (gonna do that for the next party) or pour it over chow mein noodles or rice.

AndyMan

Threads
My two favorites are Chex mix and Buffalo Wing Dip w/crackers & celery. Couldn't tell you whether these are traditional out in the world, but they are traditions in my own family.

Honey

Threads
Maybe we could start a recipe section, I know it has nothing to do with lawnmowers, but maybe we could make it a step off the front porch.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe we could start a recipe section, I know it has nothing to do with lawnmowers, but maybe we could make it a step off the front porch.

I think I would like that, but as a typical husband, my meal preparations are pretty much crock pot selections, however, my spouse always eats them so they cannot be that bad....:laughing:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are not black eyed peas a requirement at new years...

When I was a kid, milk noodle soup was new years eve, (we had dairy cows) and it was a German tradition for some reason.... :smile::smile:KennyV

Driller

Threads
It depends on the kind of party and get together you are having and whether or not kids are involved. That said, finger foods, pizza anything, and trail mix (or the Chex mixes) usually go over great.

Honey

Threads
We always do a fish or seafood chowder and some type of main meal whether it be ham, beef or chicken and a side dish. We always used to do Rappie Pie too, that is an old Acadian custom. I thing this year we are just doing finger food, it is getting too expensive to feed many people.

Driller

Threads
I forgot to say that growing up, we were still on turkey stew that my parents would make right after Christmas. That lasted quite a while and satisfied everyone.