Model 10323 rear drive grease recommendation

mphelle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just acquired a 99 vintage LB to handle a steep area of my yard and was wondering what type and how much grease to pump into the rear drive fittings. Everything seems to be working properly and would like to keep it that way. Thanks for any all advice.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it has a zerk, any good grease will do. If no zerk be careful applying any grease to area where grease will attract dirt, causing wear. Exactly what do you mean by rear drive fittings?

FuzzyDriver

Threads
What model number is your mower?

mphelle

Forum Newbie
Threads
10323 Thanks for the reply, I was indeed referring to the rear drive grease fittings (zerk)

FuzzyDriver

Threads
I have experienced the grease in a Lawn-Boy's joints turning to a wax-like lump that I had to remove in order to apply grease that actually reached the joint. It was so hard I didn't realize what it was until I picked at it and chunks of the dried grease broke off. This was in a circa 1990 mower. Just something to think about if you've never broken the joint down.

I have not used the grease you mentioned. I am using a white lithium marine grease for wheels right now. Seems like the right stuff for joints that can get wet.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pumping grease in this type of drive system is going to cause problems, not allowing the enga key to properly catch the drive gear. One maybe two pumps a year is all you need. Second, I can find no record of Lawn Boy making a model 10525, could it be a 10515?

FuzzyDriver

Threads
His reply looks like 10323 to me.

intruder1500

Threads