Mobile?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've noticed other forums (I shall not name them), have some kind of automatic thing that allows the forum to render perfectly in a mobile browser. I noticed LMF does NOT have this.

Can it be remidied? Or is it too expensive/not avail. on this forum layout? (appreciate Muhammad's response here)

I have a smartphone, and checking forums/responding is a real pain in the current layout (when I'm not at my laptop - when I post on lunchbreaks).

- Motorola Citrus/Android 2.1 - if you need to know. I'm probably the only one here who cares about this.....:frown:

As such, I'd be happy to directly contribute $ if needbe....... Muhammad, just let me know.

Last edited:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've noticed other forums (I shall not name them), have some kind of automatic thing that allows the forum to render perfectly in a mobile browser. I noticed LMF does NOT have this.

Can it be remidied? Or is it too expensive/not avail. on this forum layout? (appreciate Muhammad's response here)

I have a smartphone, and checking forums/responding is a real pain in the current layout (when I'm not at my laptop - when I post on lunchbreaks).

- Motorola Citrus/Android 2.1 - if you need to know. I'm probably the only one here who cares about this.....:frown:

As such, I'd be happy to directly contribute $ if needbe....... Muhammad, just let me know.

twall, sometimes I use my Blackberry (8330 Curve) to surf LMF, the posts I made about two hours ago, congratulating you on reaching the 100 mark, as well as the one jesting about extra credit for posts, was made from my device. I am not sure what you mean about rendering perfectly in a mobile browser...I can view the entire site, attachments and all, with nothing missing. The only thing I am missing, for some reason, is the inability to respond directly to a post, I can reply to the thread itself, but not any particular post made by a member.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tho it is not rendered perfect for mobile, it scales well on my android... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tho it is not rendered perfect for mobile, it scales well on my android... :smile:KennyV

Who is your service provider, and do you have 4G yet? Thanks. Have Verizon for mine but will probably never be able to get 4G where we live, which is ok.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Who is your service provider, and do you have 4G yet?

I'm with Sprint... on 3G, I've been around 4G... it's quite impressive but for 99% of my use their 3G gives me more bandwidth than I really need... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm with Sprint... on 3G, I've been around 4G... it's quite impressive but for 99% of my use their 3G gives me more bandwidth than I really need... :smile:KennyV

Thanks for info, Verizon and Sprint are the major carriers where I live, cop next door used to have the same model BB I did but with Sprint. We got together one time and compared download/upload speeds with identical devices, results were so close it made us wonder exactly WHO was providing our service....:laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Okay, here's what I'm talking about:

When I go to LMF, the site appears as if it were on my computer, only REALLY TINY. I need to zoom it in for the text to be full sized. When I do this, although the text is wrapped to fit my screen, the box (and it's associated buttons) don't move. So to submit this post, or to reply with quote, I have to scroll sideways a lot to get to the button!

Whereas, a site that detects I am on a smartphone will render the page so all the buttons are in the screen, so no sideways scrolling is needed.

This damn thing is 100% touch, without even a tracball. So I always end up accidentally clicking on something when I'm scrolling side to side. A pain for me.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Okay, here's what I'm talking about:

When I go to LMF, the site appears as if it were on my computer, only REALLY TINY. I need to zoom it in for the text to be full sized. When I do this, although the text is wrapped to fit my screen, the box (and it's associated buttons) don't move. So to submit this post, or to reply with quote, I have to scroll sideways a lot to get to the button!

Whereas, a site that detects I am on a smartphone will render the page so all the buttons are in the screen, so no sideways scrolling is needed.

This damn thing is 100% touch, without even a tracball. So I always end up accidentally clicking on something when I'm scrolling side to side. A pain for me.

twall...not sure if this will make any difference in your situation, but I do not go directly to LMF, instead I use the web browser to go to Google, and when on Google I type in a search for LMF. The Google site automatically formats web pages for a mobile device if you choose that option on their page. I understand what you mean about a touch screen device, they are overly sensistive and that is why I prefer a trackball and a small keyboard. I don't know how you are accessing this site from your smartphone so perhaps I just confused you more...sorry if that's the case.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
We're going to be offering native iphone and android apps soon. We haven't added them yet because there hasn't been demand for it.

If you'd like to know how it will work, search the apple or android markets for tractorbynet and install that app. The one for LMF will be the same but for LMF. :thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
We're going to be offering native iphone and android apps soon. We haven't added them yet because there hasn't been demand for it.

If you'd like to know how it will work, search the apple or android markets for tractorbynet and install that app. The one for LMF will be the same but for LMF. :thumbsup:

Will there ever be TBN/LMF apps for us Crackberry addicts? Probably not for the older versions of the device...I am waiting to update mine until I can be sure of getting the newer BB 6 OS on the model I want. :smile: