May I have your thoughts and opinions?

Thin & Crispy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been thinking about making something because I can't find one to buy. The item is a large wire basket container that would mount over top the rear engine on zero-turn mowers. If I had such a basket, I could pick up trash or small branches with a "pincher-type picker-up-er" and put it behind me in the basket without getting off the mower. I guess I could make one but I'd rather buy a nice looking, professionally-made one. Does anyone know if such a thing is available for purchase? Maybe this is something that an inventor could design and produce. I'm 75 years old and hate getting off the mower to pick up something on the grass and then getting back on the mower and restarting it again. Of course, such a basket could be used to transport anything a person might want to put in it. I have a Z248F, BTW. Thoughts and opinions, anyone?

Born2Mow

Threads
I do that same thing now !

Except I own a newer Exmark, and it came with a tubular jack mount on the front, about 6" in front of my feet. I don't need the jack 24/7 so I stuck a wooden dowel in there that supports a big, horizontal loop in front of me. As I mow along, I use remote pincers to pick up trash and plop these pieces into the trash bag that's hanging from the loop. When I get back to the shop, I simply throw the whole bag into the trash can.

:cool:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A lot of my contractors have a 12V pump mounted on a stand above the engine.
When I do one I mount it off the ROPS which by the way is illegal but you need to leave enough space to remove the blower housing easily for cleaning the fins or no one will do it.
They all use long handle grabbers as per Born's post and generally just toss the trash on the foot boards then into the bin on their trailer.
Also there should be no need to continually restart the mower.
With the brake on and the blades off all mowers allow you to dismount while leaving the engine running .