Makita DUX60PSHPT2-B kit

Mad_mat222

Threads
Given how much heat EV stuff cops on this site, I thought I would do a quick review on the
is kit.

I purchased the kit with additional 2x6ah batteries. In my opinion they shouldn’t be selling these kits with 5ah batteries but they are catering to a price point.

My overall opinion of this kit from a commercial point of view is that it’s a handy tool. It does a lot of thing well but not everything great.

Dislikes:
- only has 0.6kw
- run time when using the line trimmer needs extending
- overheating issue when full power used in tropics

- cuts average lawn well
- fairly well balanced
- for the money, kit can do a lot of work

I hate using petrol powered hedgers. The fumes are a PITA. I have only owned the Makita 18v hedgers, for years now. This powerhead does what the petrol machine can do.

The line trimmer function works ok. Really needs 1kw though. I don’t understand why the dedicated trimmer (ur007) is 1kw 2x18v And this has less power. Possibly worried about damaging shafts at the joint. The trimmer head on this is not flash. Makita obviously trying to keep the head as small as possible to save power. Also the cutting width is rubbish. I unscrewed the debris guard and moved it back 50mm which improved significantly but at the detriment of run time and load. The weed guard is great size and the swing weight is spot on.

An annoyance immediately evident was the safety on top of the handle. It must be depressed while machine is in use. This is not practicible particularly when using the line trimmer as your palm needs to come off the handle to operate in a comfortable position. The first thing I did was tape that down. I nearly threw it in the bin before that because it constantly cut out. Pleasure to use since then.

The kit represents good value. The pole saw and hedge work well. The trimmer attachment will serve well as a back up for my Husqvarna 522 but is not good enough to be its replacement.

Very happy with this purchase and would recommend.

Pléase feel free to comment on THIS product. Any government related conspiracies or other tin foil hat nonsense will be reported.