MagnaMatic vs RBG blade sharpener

Meterman93

Threads
Hello all,

Wanting to purchase a blade grinder. How many of you use the RBG or MagnaMatic? I think both are pretty good from what I have researched but I’m leaning more towards the RBG 712, 934, 750 or 950 because they utilize a preset blade guide. The Magna-Matic 9000 you have to make adjustments Both brands are not cheap grinders. I appreciate your thoughts & comments. Thanks

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did have an Oregon 12" blade grinder that used the same wheel as the RBG and had lots of issues with wheel grit clogging when sharpening JD blades. Have since went to the Oregon belt grinder made by Burrking using the 36 grit ceramic belts.

I would have to clean the grit twice per blade end just to prevent burning the blades . Would take up to ten minutes per blade just to sharpen,

Meterman93

Threads
Wow
Hello all,

Wanting to purchase a blade grinder. How many of you use the RBG or MagnaMatic? I think both are pretty good from what I have researched but I’m leaning more towards the RBG 712, 934, 750 or 950 because they utilize a preset blade guide. The Magna-Matic 9000 you have to make adjustments Both brands are not cheap grinders. I appreciate your thoughts & comments. Thanks

Meterman93

Threads
Wow everyone one on here must use files and maybe a bench grinder to sharpen their blades?

gotomow

Threads
Wow everyone one on here must use files and maybe a bench grinder to sharpen their blades?
Yup, I know I do. I pull em off the Honda in fall that gives me all winter to misplace, I mean sharpen them, lol.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use an All American Sharpener in my shop. Done a couple hundred blades on it.
Also have a Bradley S90

qmark

Threads
I use my 2 hp. bench grinder. Takes no more than a minute to sharpen a blade.